Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 27 and 28: Our New Normal

Things are getting pretty normal around here - as normal as they can be. Sunday Greg and AJ enjoyed some father/son time and I escaped to do a little shopping. They were able to assemble the model of the Space Needle we purchased while we were in Seattle, which is pretty cool.


Later in the day, we all watched Back To The Future together. AJ loved it! Greg and I were horrified when we realized it was released 25 years ago (WE ARE OLD!), and also surprised at some of the language in the movie. But all in all, it is still a great movie.

Today AJ and I got back to our schoolwork. We are still figuring out our rhythm but each day gets a little better!

Tomorrow is a big day. AJ will have a bone marrow biopsy to determine just how well he is engrafting. Please say an extra little prayer for AJ tomorrow morning as he will be sedated for the procedure (which scares me every time.) His procedure is at 10:30. We will try hard to update tomorrow evening.

Here is our hat of the day:

Love to you all!
Cindy

3 comments:

Jawana said...

Hey AJ!
I will be praying for you in the morning! I know that Austin's bone marrow is doing it's job because you are doing so great!!! We can't wait to hear the results!

Love,
Jawana, Kyle, Shayla and Brayden

Aunt Vickie said...

Hey Yall!!

I just wanted to tell you how much I miss yall. I have had you on my mind today. The highlight of my day is coming home from work and reading your blog. I'm glad the procedure went well and I'm sure the results will be good! I know how you feel about the language in the movie (remember The christmas story) I still feel bad about that!!! take care!!

aunt vickie

The Worcester Fam said...

Hey!

It sounds like things are still rocking along in a positive direction!! We will keep praying that the counts will continue to rise.

Love to all,

The Worcester Fam