Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 15: Off to school (Part 2)

I had a great time taking Ryan and Austin to school this morning. AJ is a proud big brother and wanted to include a picture of his little brothers' big day.

I also got to meet AJ's teacher. Although AJ will likely never enter the classroom this school year, we are working with Mrs. Towns on all of his lesson plans. She is so sweet and expressed that she wants AJ to be included in the class as much as possible, and that they consider him a part of them. It really touched my heart, especially when I saw this.....

Sitting right at the front of the room, ready for him, it was very cool! We are hoping to get a webcam for the class so AJ can participate in lessons and just stay in touch with his classmates. It is going to be a great (albeit different) school year.

4 comments:

Jawana said...

What a wonderful teacher she must be! This touched my heart too!!!

AJ~~~

I am so glad that you will get to still be a part of the class via the web cam. That's great news!! I am so proud of how well you are doing!

Love you lots!
Jawana

Anonymous said...

AJ I have not forgotten about the gift for you know. Grammy is working on it and when we get it you will give it to him on the web cam. Deal? Gary

Unknown said...

AJ,

I love the picture of Ryan and Austin on their first day of kindergarten. I can't believe that they are in school already.

Mrs. Towns is a very special lady. How cool that you have a desk with your name on it!!

Have a great day!!!

Love,
Ms. Tammy

Anonymous said...

We are all so thrilled to know that you got to leave the hospital and get some of that Tennessee air. Finally a parrot hat! Love that one and the shark hat. We are so proud of you, Marathon man. Get rest, get stong, and keep laughing. We are all praying for you and your whole terrific family. Love you and the Monkey Bunch so very much.
Aunt Marilyn, Uncle Steve, Andy and Phil