Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day -2 -- Roller Coaster

After not getting to sleep until around 2 am, AJ was up early and sick. They were able to give him some medicine to combat the nausea and control his upset belly. It also knocked him out for a couple more hours. He is on his final round of ATG this morning, and is battling with hives and a fever. AJ is currently awake and feeling okay for the moment - so he is taking advantage of it and playing Risk with Dad and from the sounds of it, they have quite the battle on their hands. This whole process is a roller coaster!!!!!

A special thank you to Denice, Billy, Randy, Daniel, Tim, and PopPop who are moving our things to our apartment in Nashville even as I type. It is a huge relief knowing this is being taken care of - WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

CRAZY HAT UPDATE - Thank you to everyone who has sent AJ a crazy hat - and we mean crazy. Once he loses his hair (probably a little more than a week from now) we are going to start with a crazy hat of the day. We have gotten so many hats that it will be fun to show them off. We are beginning to overflow with hats. If you already have one, please send it, but no need to buy anymore. With all that we have and all that are coming, I think his head is covered!
Love to you all - and keep praying.

Cindy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there AJ! We are praying for you everday. Bess and Cate can't wait to see you in all of your crazy hats. Hope you won your game of risk.

Lots of love,

The Martins

Kauffmann said...

We can't wait to see all of your hats. I am glad you are feeling like playing a game of Risk with your Dad. I'm sure you will beat him. Daniel is glad to bring your things to your new apartment as I know everyone else is as well. We love you!
Tatum

Mercedes Paz-Carty said...

I think of you everyday AJ. I heard about your crazy hats, how many so far? I cannot wait to see your photos with the crazy hats on. Be patient sweet AJ, things will be much better soon.
Lots of love,
Tia Mechi

Vanessa said...

Hi AJ! When things get tough maybe a few deep yoga breaths will help. Maybe you could sit in bed like we do at the beginning of class in a cross legged seat or the end of class when we lay down and listen to our breath. Not sure it will help but at least you know when you are doing it I'm there with you, ok? Namaste, Aunt Vanessa

Kevin & Cristina said...

Hey Guys,

Thinking of you all and praying everyday!

Love,

Kevin & Cristina

Jawana said...

Risk??!!??? I used to play that game with my daddy! Man does that bring back the memories! I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Love ya!

Jawana

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looking forward to the crazy hat of the day!:) Sorry that you had a rough day, I hope tomorrow is better.

Why couldn't the pirate get into the movie?

Because it was rated Arghhhhhh....

Ready for another one?

What is black, white, and scary?

Homework!

Don't worry there are more where those came from!
David

Mrs. Parker said...

Hi AJ,
I just wanted to say good night and I hope you have a good day tomorrow. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Sweet dreams,
Mrs. Parker

Alyssa Barna said...

Hi AJ!
We've never met, but I'm actually your cousin! Your Pop-Pop's cousin, Dennis, is my dad.

I heard about how brave you are and I wanted to send well wishes to you. And now that I'm 19, I just joined the bone marrow registry!
Keep going strong, and thanks for the inspiration! I hope we'll eventually meet; maybe you can teach me how to play Risk!

Alyssa

Deb McGarry said...

AJ
we hope you feel good on Sunday! We can't wait to see all your crazy hats. We haven't had time to send our's but we will when we get home from our gramma's house in Wisconsin. We already sent some things to your grandma and pop pop in Alabama. They said they would get it to you.
Owen and Madeline McGarry

Sharon and Brielle said...

Hi AJ,
Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. Hang in there!!!! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We cannot wait to see all the hats you received........and your mohawk pictures are way cool!
Be strong♥♥♥
Sharon and Brielle