Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day +1: Thanks

First, I would like to thank my "identical brother," Austin, for helping me. Thank you to Ryan for being Jack's big brother and looking after everything at home.

Thank you to everyone else for all the gifts and prayers you have sent me. Today I felt really good. I got to spend some time with Austin again. Then I opened some great gifts. I got some new hats for my hat collection from everybody at my dad's work, and a few from mommy's friends. I even got a huge comic book. Thank you, James. It is all Calvin and Hobbes. They are so funny.

After that I played some board games and dominoes with mom and dad. Thank you to the McGarry family for sending me those. Thank you, Aunt Vanessa for the big balloons. They arrived today. And thank you for all the hats to everyone. We will start having a hat of the day soon, but for now, I still have my hair.

In the evening I watched Pirates of the Caribbean with mom and dad. I don't know why they had to ruin a perfectly good pirate movie with kissing at the end. Yuk!

Hoping for another good day tomorrow.

Love,
AJ

5 comments:

Mrs. Parker said...

AJ,
I am so glad you felt good today. I hope tomorrow is even better. Take good care of yourself and enjoy all of those really neat gifts you have received! (I can't wait to see some of the funny hats.)
Love you,
Mrs. Parker

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! What a momentous 2 days you and Austin have spent. Congratulations to you both for a job well done. I'm glad that you had a good day, A.J. Now you have the job of recovery and I know you will do it so well.

Today was nearly 100 degrees here in Seattle... We have never had such a week as this. It is supposed to get to 100 or above tomorrow and possibly Thursday, too! This is supposed to happen where YOU live, NOT here in the beautiful Northwest! Yikes!

Well, A.J., you take care of yourself and your mom & dad (give them BIG HUGS from David and me). We are so glad that you and Austin are well and that the transplant went so smoothly. We keep praying for you! xxxooo (that means KISSES and hugs! haha!--I know you think KISSES are stupid...!) Bye for now...

Love,
Mary Jo & David

Kaufmann said...

Hey AJ,
Avery and I are so touched by everything you and your whole family are doing. We are so proud of you all (even Mom and Dad). We are thankful everything went well Monday and your day yesterday was GREAT! We are keeping up with the blog all throughout the day and are always anxious to see how you are. We love you all.
From the Krazy Kaufmanns

Ethan said...

Hey AJ!

It is so good to hear that you are feeling better! Keep up the good work!

Love,

Ethan & Cristina

A lot of movies end like that and I have no clue why.

Ethan

Vanessa said...

AJ -
You are welcome for the balloons. I sent you something else. I'm calling it Dr. Seuss meets lots of snakes. The package will arrive at the apartment. I hope you enjoy it. We are having thunderstorms here today. Lots of rain! Miss you lots. Love, Aunt Vanessa