Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 64: School and Games

I have been doing good in the past nine days. I've watched T.V, rode my scooter, and worked on school with Mom. We are learning about fossils, landforms, natural resources, and different types of stories. I am writing a story about our Halloween Hayride from last year. I did my rough draft today and we will revise tomorrow.

Last week I got a surprise call in the middle of the day. It was Mrs. Towns, my third grade teacher. After I talked to her, she let me talk to everyone in the class. It was so cool and I was really surprised. Mrs. Towns even told me some of my work was hanging in the classroom because they wanted everyone to know I was part of the class. She also said I am doing great with my schoolwork and to keep up the good work.

I have been to the clinic 3 times since I got home. My numbers are good but a little lower than they had been. Dr. F says not to worry. I go back to clinic on Tuesday. Hopefully my numbers will be higher. On Monday at clinic I had to get some fluids because I wasn't drinking enough. Now I have to write down everything I drink to remind me to get enough. I promise to drink a lot each day.

I will try to write messages more often. Have a good night.

AJ

7 comments:

Jawana said...

Hey AJ!
Nice update! Glad you are still doing good! Kyle wants to know if you feel like racing some Mario Kart soon?

Love,
Jawana

Mrs. Parker said...

AJ,
Thanks so much for sharing with us your daily activities. I still think about you everyday and I look forward to seeing your big smile back at Horizon. I know Mrs. Towns and your classmates loved talking to you on the phone. They miss you very much. Continue to keep us updated on everything you are doing at home.
Love you lots,
Mrs. Parker

Aaron and Erica said...

Praying for big numbers on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

AJ!!! OK, I want you to drink those fluids like a SPONGE... Soak 'em up. We will keep our fingers crossed and say our prayers that your numbers will be good on Tuesday. It was really nice to hear about the things you are doing at home--both in school with your mom and just your hanging out activities as well. It sounds like you have a good routine going there now. Keep up the good work with school, OK? It wasn't raining today, so I rode my horse up the hill--the leaves are starting to turn now; I guess Fall is here. I've seen many signs of bear activity, but haven't seen one yet this fall. I'll let you know if I see one. Thanks for the update and take care, AJ...
Mary Jo (& David)

Anonymous said...

AJ,
I am so glad you are home. You are missed at Horizon so much!!
I keep looking forward to the day when you can come back to the library!!!

Lots of love,
Mrs. Illg

Kaufmann said...

AJ,
I am glad to hear you are doing well at home. We are so glad you get to be home with your whole family again. Keep up all the good work. You are a terrific kid. We look forward to when we can all see you.
Love you,
Tatum

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, AJ, on being free again(from the catheter,that is). Love the pumpkins and the costumes. Best wishes for great results. Keep up the good work. We are keeping you and your friends in our prayers. Thanks for the great card. I will share it with Father Matt and everyone in our parish who has been keeping you in their prayers, too. All our love, Aunt Marilyn, Uncle Steve, Andy and Phil