Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 50 - The Big News

WE ARE GOING HOME THIS WEEKEND!!! I FEEL GREAT!!!!

I will get to ride my bike again! I will get to play with my brothers! I will get to sleep in my room again! I am so happy!

Mom and I went to the Parthenon today. It is gigantic. We didn't go inside because I still can't be around people, but it was nice from the outside. We also saw a huge locomotive and a figther plane. Plus we played some soccer. Here are some pictures:




Here is the hat of the day:

Thanks to Mrs. Dugaw for the solar-hat with the fan, and for the book of gross jokes - they totally rock!!!

AJ

Special note from Mom and Dad:

Transplant patients are at greatest risk for GVHD (Graft versus Host Disease) immediately after engraftment with the risk decreasing over time. Typically the first 100 days are used to monitor and control this. AJ has been extremely lucky and shown no signs of GVHD, and the doctors feel it is safe for us to move home now. This move will reunite the family, however, AJ remains immune-compromised and must continue isolation from everyone but immediate family. No visitors!!! (They literally made us promise no parties or gatherings to celebrate his homecoming.) They will continue to monitor his levels and his progress with twice a week visits to the clinic in Nashville in the weeks and months to come. At around day 100, AJ will undergo another biospy and his Hickman line will be removed. If all is proceeding as planned, the frequency of clinic visits will decrease but he will continue to be monitored for the next year. AJ's journey is not complete and unfortunately, there may be bumps in the road ahead, but we are so blessed with the way things have taken place thus far.

We want to thank everyone again for your love and support, and especially for your prayers. Many of you have expressed the desire to visit AJ. We appreciate this so much and cannot wait until the day comes when that will be possible, but for the moment please understand that we cannot accept visitors.

We love you all,
Cindy and Greg

8 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

Praise the Lord!!! I'm so excited for you AJ!!! I know you are thrilled to be going home so that your family can all be together. The rest of us...we'll wait! It's your immediate family that is most important and I'm so glad you will be together soon. Thank you Lord for your loving kindness and healing touch on this precious family.

Anonymous said...

A.J.! Ohmygosh!!!! You are going HOME!!! How wonderful for you and your brothers and parents! Of course, it will be weird not to have any visitors, but I know you can do it--you have to! Don't worry, David and I will not stop by (ha ha!) for a casual chat! We will honor the "no visitors" policy very strictly. Congratualations, A.J. and all!!
Love,
Mary Jo & David

Anonymous said...

What great, great news! I am so excited for you!

With love,
Mrs. Illg

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you!! I will continue to think about you every day and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. It will be wonderful to be home!! AJ, continue to keep us posted on what you are doing at home. I will look forward to the day I get to see you.
Lots of love,
Mrs. Parker

Ms. Jackie said...

So many prayers have been answered by your amazing progress. We are so thrilled for all of you. Once you are home and settled maybe you and Anna can resume Skpe Checkers.

Love to you all,
Ms. Jackie

Hayden said...

God is SO GOOD!!! We are thrilled for all of you. Families need to be together. What an enormous blessing for you all!

Much love,

Hayden and Ms. Melanie

The Worcester Fam said...

Super-Cool!!!

We are so excited to hear this GREAT news!! We'll keep the prayers going and you keep that strong, positive attitude. Good things are ahead!

We love you all,

The Worcester Fam

Anonymous said...

Praise God for your incredible progress. I am so happy to hear you will be in your home and with all your family again.God has truly answered prayers! I will continue to pray for you.
Love to all of you, Ms. Pam