Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 100 - Yahooey!

Guess what day it is....DAY 100! Tonight we celebrated with dinner from PF Changs, and a cake that Mom and I made. The cake was very sugary but very delicious. Mom created the 100 but I decorated it. Here it is:


Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. My line was removed on Monday. I am feeling a lot better without it. It is a little sore but I still feel pretty good. Here is me flushing my line for the last time, and what my chest looked like after surgery - don't worry that is just betadine.


This past weekend was filled with fun. Grandma and Pop Pop were here. I think you saw the pumpkins we carved, and our costumes. We also went to a drive-thru zoo safari. While we were there, a ram rammed Mom's car - she was mad, but it didn't leave any damage. We were followed by many Emu who just wouldn't leave us alone. We also saw a zebra, some alligators, a few buffalo, and some geese. It was lots of fun.


The rest of the week I am going to work, work, work to catch-up on schoolwork. But Mom is taking it easy on me this week. I go back to the Clinic next Tuesday and will also go to the Eye doctor to check my eyes for problems from the transplant. So far, all my tests have been normal.

Talk to you later!
AJ


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! AJ, so much great news to report! Congratulations on getting that old Hickman line out! I bet that is such a relief. You and your mom did a beautiful job with your "100" cake. I really like the decorations you did--very tidy and in extremely good taste, I might add! So, the drive-through zoo thing sounds like some fun. The emus must be very curious. Did you know that when we visited the Australian outback years ago, we saw lots of emus and red kangaroos out in the wild, just all over the place as we were driving on these long, straight, red dirt roads. It was just incredible--very wild and desolate, but stunningly beautiful. The emus didn't chase our car, but they were very nearby and there were many of them. We were out by the town of White Cliffs in New South Wales, if you want to try to find that on a map. We also stayed in an underground bed & breakfast that was made from old opal mines. That was very cool! We slept in a room that was 27 feet under the ground!! Under the ground is the best place to stay cool in the blazing outback sun. Well, AJ, we will continue to pray for you and hope that your eyes are OK, too! You keep up the great healing work you are doing--along with your terrific studies, OK? Bye for now...
Love,
Mary Jo & David

Mrs. Parker said...

AJ,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling great and that the BIG
100th day has passed! This is great news! It sounds like you and the boys have been very busy with Halloween, the zoo, and your 100th day. Thanks for writing and sharing pictures with us. We love to hear from you. I hope you have a great weekend. Enjoy this beautiful weather. I can't wait to see you in person (hopefully in the near future).
Love you bunches,
Mrs. Parker

Anonymous said...

Hey A.J., congratulations on 100 days, you must be super excited. you have come a long way, but i know that the road is still long ahead. you are a great kid and i am still watching your porgress.
The men and women of Palm Beach County Fire Rescue are always praying for you and you are always in our thoughts. Keep being strong little guy.

Lt. Jorge Cardoso House of Pain station 36

Killians said...

Holy Moly - what a cake! AJ, I can't believe how fast your hair is growing back!!! It is unbelievable the difference since the Halloween pictures - wow! You're going to need a haircut before you know it! That Emu looks like it could fit a basketball in its mouth. Yikes! Watch out when that thing gets hungry. A drive through safari sounds awesome. Good luck with your appointments this week - we'll be praying for you bud.
We have your handsome picture up on our refrigerator :).

Love you lots!!
The Killians