Monday, June 22, 2009

Trips

It has been a crazy two weeks. Our trip to Florida was great! The Kennedy Space Center was awesome. We saw the shuttle on the launch pad. And I loved playing in the waves at the beach.


Yesterday we returned from Seattle. We visited the Seattle Children's Hospital. We ate lunch at SkyCity Restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. The restaurant spins and we could see all of Seattle. We ate dinner one night with Mrs. Mary Jo and Mr. David - friends of my Grandma. Every day I swam in the pool with Mom and Dad, and even went in the hot tub.


My favorite part of the trip was the helicopter ride we took at Mt. St. Helens. I got to ride in the front with the pilot. We saw the lava dome, inside the crater, and lots of ash in the river. The pilot said the ash is 150 feet deep in some spots. It was my dream to ride in a helicopter over an active volcano and now my Daddy made it come true. We also saw Mt. Rainier - it was HUGE!


(inside the crater of Mt. St. Helens)
.
On our flight home, we could see Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood, and Mt. Adams. It was a wonderful trip!

(Mt. Rainier)

(Mt. Adams -front, Mt Hood - back)

Mom and Dad will update soon with details about my health.

-AJ

P.S. In case you were wondering, my team, the White Sox won the tournament! I am so proud of them!

6 comments:

Jawana said...

I am so glad that your your mom and dad made your dream come true! How exciting! We are still praying for you, and we love you very much!

The McArthurs said...

Cool blog, AJ! Thanks for letting us know what you're up to and how you're doing.

It looks like you had a great trip to Florida and Seattle. One question: If the Space Needle restaurant was spinning, how did you keep your food and drinks on the table (and weren't you dizzy)?

I know you will have lots of other cool things to show and tell us about this summer. We can't wait to read all about them. We're also hoping you can give us some good ideas about how to keep from getting bored this summer. So get cranking!

You're an awesome kid, AJ. God loves you and will take care of you. He will even make you stronger than you could ever imagine. This is one of the things that we will be praying for you.


Lots of love from your friends,
Ben, Sam, Lily, Freddie & Addy McArthur

P.S. Way to go White Sox!

Mrs. Parker said...

Hi AJ,
What awesome pictures!! It sounds like you had fantastic trips to the beach and Seattle. It's really neat that you got to ride in a helicopter over a volcano. I have always wanted to do that. Congratulations on the White Sox winning the tournament. I know this made you very happy. I love reading about all the fun things you are doing this summer so keep writing. :) I miss you!
Love,
Mrs. Parker

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a lot to cover in a couple of days. I'm glad your trip went well and you were able to do all those cool things. You want to know something? When I graduated from High School a long, long time ago, Mary Jo's parents took me and the whole family to celebrate by having dinner at the Space Needle restaurant. She was about your age then. Can you imagine? Love,

Grandma Margot

September's Corner said...

WOW! AJ, I am so proud of you. I am so glad you were able to do all of those things in Florida & Seattle. One day you and Mr. Fred should compare notes about the shuttle launch. His dad was one of the original space engineers to build the first rocket ship to the moon.

I still have you on my prayer list. You remind me each day how to live life. Much love your neighbors, The Grays

Vanessa said...

Hi AJ! The photos from Seattle and the helicopter ride look so cool! I'm at the beach right now with Diego and I just went for a run. I think I went far. Over 40 blocks! Do you remember how many blocks we ran?

Now Diego and I are watching the METS play the Yankees. I bet you are watching too. Love you lots, Aunt Vanessa