Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 146: We reached 100!

Hello everybody! This is AJ typing. First off I would like to thank the people who joined the registry and helped to make my Christmas Wish happen. Also speaking of my Christmas Wish I reached my goal yesterday! Yippee!! You can still join the registry. Remember it's free from now to the end of the year. http://join.marrow.org/ajchristmaswish

Please remember to send you bone marrow packets back to the registry.

Also you can read about my Christmas Wish in the Madison newspaper or on the news tomorrow at 6:00pm on channel 19.

This is the cover of the Madison paper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, AJ! I saw your story on the news tonite and I am so glad that your brother was a match and that your transplant went well! And I think it's really cool that you are using your experience to help get the word out and add more people to the registry! I wanted to share with you, your parents and all your "fans" that I am a volunteer recruiter for the DoD Marrow Donor Program. That means that I can register anyone affiliated with the Department of Defense (military, guard, reserve, their dependents, and civilians) for FREE! I am just getting started here in Huntsville, so trying to get the word out that I am available to do FREE marrow donor registration almost anytime, anyplace, for those with DOD affiliation (I have tons of oral swab kits and consent forms in my garage!). So please, feel free to share my contact info with anyone related to DoD. My e-mail is dodmarrow7@yahoo.com and my work # is 313-7528. Congratulations on your success and thanks for your help in getting more and more people onto the registry!

Anonymous said...

I just signed up to be on the registry. Congratulations on make your goal, AJ!