Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 2010 - A Dream Come True

Hello everyone!

The Reveras have just returned from the Happiest Place on Earth - of course, I mean Disney World. It was an amazing trip filled with characters and rides, and tons of family time. We met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Pooh and friends, Rafiki, Baloo, Jiminy Cricket, and endless others. We ate breakfast buffets, dinner buffets, cinnamon buns, popcorn, Mickey shaped ice cream, frozen lemonade, meals with characters, meals with fire, and more cheeseburgers than I thought possible in one week. We got soaked on Splash Mountain. We yelled our heads off on Thunder Mountain. We sat by ghosts on the Haunted Mansion. We rode Test Track over and over and over! We saw tons of unbelievable animals on the safari. And we helped Kim Possible catch the villain at Epcot (a very cool game if you have never done it - the whole family was impressed!) We did it all and it was a wonderful week!

Breakfast at Mickey's

So many special things happened this week. AJ and I searched for (and found) all the hidden Mickeys on the scavenger hunt at the Wilderness Lodge - he even got a special pin for his accomplishment. Ryan was chosen during the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and cracked everyone up! Austin finally got the Mickey Sorcerer's Hat he has always wanted and conquered his fears to ride Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest (which I think Ryan rode about 8 times). My boys are speed demons! And Jackers had a magical moment when he was able to lift the sword from the stone in front of Cinderella's carousel, and Peter Pan and Wendy bounded out to declare him King of Fantasyland! It was so cool!

King Jackers!

But my favorite moment was far more simple. It was our first day and we were riding Soarin' - one of my favorite rides and absolutely beautiful. I looked down the row and there I saw sitting next to me the 5 most precious things in my life with pure amazement and enjoyment painted all over their faces. Greg and each of the boys were lost in the splendor of the ride. Smiles lit up their faces and their eyes danced. I was reminded of a moment 14 months ago. There was one particular night in the hospital when AJ was very ill and I was filled with fear - could he handle this? would he survive? were we going to make it through? I so clearly remember looking up and seeing the photo collage we created for his room, and focusing on a photo of our last trip to Disney. At that moment I longed to be back in that photo, in that moment captured in the photograph where we were so happy and he was so healthy. And now here I was! The tears streamed down my face and I carefully studied each of their faces so I would not forget a second. It is a moment that will live in my heart forever. It was perfect!

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

And so was our trip. The trip we planned and looked forward to for a year. The trip that every family member voted as their perfect way to celebrate. The trip that got us through some low points. And the trip that signifies that is all in the past. If it is trip to Disney, or some place else you love, take some time with your family and celebrate. The moments go by so fast, but the special memories we make are forever.

Love to all of you!
Cindy

PS - Hayden and his family received wonderful news and his prognosis is excellent! Thank you for the prayers!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just now read your post about Disney World and what a fantastic time you all had! I really loved your reflection on gratitude and how we must all value our time together--so true--we must all embrace those sentiments every day! I have spent lots of time lately reflecting back on all the wonderful times we had as a family with my mom, and I am grateful that we had her around with such gusto for nearly 86 years! We send our love to you all!
Love,
Mary Jo & David