Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 92:Tests, Tests, Tests

Hello everyone!! It's been awhile since I have written. I have been busy doing school work. My favorite subjects are science and math. But it has been a lot of work! Mom is a good teacher and I am doing good with my school work.

Today we returned to Vanderbilt. I saw Dr. Frangoul and had a lot of tests done. Like checking my heart and my lungs. Here is a photo of them looking at my heart.


And this is a photo of them testing my lungs. I had to do it a few times.



We will know in a few days how the tests went and if the medicines are effecting me. Hopefully they aren't. Next week, I will have my line removed. Which means I will have to start getting stuck again in my arm. OUCH!!!

After the tests were done we went up to 6A to visit some of the nurses. While we were there mom and dad talked to the grandparents of my friend Brittany. She is having her bone marrow transplant tomorrow. Please say a prayer for her and her sister, Megan, who is donating the marrow. Please also keep my friend Lyric in your prayers. She has been very sick lately.

AJ

P.S. Look at all my hair growing back!

3 comments:

Mrs. Parker said...

Well, it sounds like you have been quite busy with school.I know your mom is a wonderful teacher and you are learning a lot. Don't forget that we miss you at Horizon and look forward to seeing you in those halls again. I'm so glad that your health continues to improve each week. You are still in my prayers everyday. I'll say a little prayer for your friends, also. I know seeing you made them feel much better. Continue to keep us posted on how things are going with you. Miss you lots!!!
Much love,
Mrs. Parker

The Killian's said...

Hey boy! The first thing David said was, "Hey look - his hair is growing back!" I hope all of your tests turn out perfect! We are praying for you. I know it isn't fun getting stuck, but you have shown everyone how strong you are and we have no doubt that after all this you can do ANYTHING that comes your way! I think the best way to sum it up is: "You are a ROCK STAR." Wouldn't that be ironic if you really grew up to be a rock star? You've already got the handsome face going for you - you would drive the girls crazy :). ha ha ha . We love you bud,
The Killian's

Anonymous said...

AJ!!!! Your hair is looking great! I hope that all your tests were positive and yes, it's a bummer to get stuck by the needles, but you are a pro at it by now, I'm sure. That must have been really interesting to see your heart on the ultrasound. It also sounds like you and your mom have really hit your stride as student/teacher; that's fantastic! Because, after all, your first job is to heal and get well and your second (and almost as important) job is being the best student you can be!! You go!! Keep up the good healing and the BRILLIANT learning! Take care and hugs to you and your parents... I hope we get to meet your little brothers sometime--that would be fun!!! Bye for now, AJ...
Love,
Mary Jo & David